TurboShear - Asphalt Shingle Shear, Pneumatic™
This high speed pneumatic TurboShear Model TSS1A is specialized for cutting all types of asphalt shingles. A standard gas powered job-site compressor with 50-foot (15.24 m) hose set-up is adequate to power this versatile air tool. Make fast, clean, straight trim cuts along a roof valley, or make square cuts and circles in shingles with equal precision and ease to fit around utility outlets. A wide jaw opening with a beveled lead-in tip accommodates multiple shingle layers and a lateral blade adjustment capability makes this shear easily maneuverable in any life-rated shingle or thickness. A wide lower blade offers exceptional operator control. Heat-treated carbon steel blades with solid carbide inserts assure long cutting life. Replacement blades are also available and are easily installed at the job site.
|Catalog #||Description||PSI||Bar||CFM||L / min||Clearance||Capacity-Asphalt Shingles||Net Wt.|
|TSS1A||TurboShear Shingle Cutter, Pneumatic||90||6.2||4||133L / min||45°||Any life rating, any thickness||3.9 lbs (1.77 kg)|
|TSS1RBEV||Replacement blades for TSS1 and TSS1A|
What materials will the turbo shear cut?
TSS1A- The Turboshear is rated to cut up to 1/2" (13mm) of asphalt shingles.
How clean is the cut?
The Turboshear shingle cutting series will make clean cuts throughout the range of thicknesses of material listed above. The tool will need to be adjusted when going from very thin to thick material and vice versa.
How do you adjust the tool to get the optimum cut?
TSS1A - The clearance between the cutting jaws is adjustable in order to achieve the optimum cut for thick or thin material. To adjust, locate the 3/16” set screw on the back of the tool, towards the front of the tool near the jaws. Turn it clockwise to tighten the gap of the jaws for thinner material or counterclockwise to make the gap of the jaws larger for thicker material.
- Fast, straight trim cuts
- Precise square cuts and circles
- Wide Jaw Opening
- Lateral Blade Adjustment
- Solid Carbide Blade Inserts
- Easily Replaceable Blades
- Duct Ripper
- Angle Drive Accessory
- TurboShear Heavy Duty™
- "Gold Standard" Malco Hole Cutters
- TurboShear HD - Metal Cutting, AIR
- TurboShear - Backerboard, AIR
- TurboShear - Backerboard™
- TurboShear - Fiber Cement Siding
- TurboShear - Fiber Cement Siding, Air™
- TurboShear - Asphalt Shingle Shear, Drill Accessory
- Crimper, Power Assisted C5A
- TurboShear - Slate-Cutting Drill Attachment
- Mighty-Right Right Angle Impact Driver
- 16 Ga. Metal-Cutting TS Drill Attachment
- Corrugated Metal TurboShear ™ Drill Attachment