The time-saving TURBOSHEAR Model No. TS1 inserts directly into the chuck of a standard 1200 rpm A/C or cordless drill. It’s that easy to convert your power drill to a power shear!
This rugged but inexpensive accessory cuts straight and to the left and is capable of navigating tight curved patterns and squares in heavy 20-gauge (1.02 mm) galvanized steel. Blind cuts require only a 1/2”(12.7 mm) starting hole. Cutting applications include both ferrous and non-ferrous sheet metals, metal roofing/building panels, vinyl, steel mesh, ductwork, even the thick metal of furnace jackets, equipment enclosures or automotive body panels. An offset design keeps both hands away from work surface. Long-wearing hardened jaws are also replaceable.
For premium performance without the premium price of a dedicated power shear, TURBOSHEAR is an easy addition to every tool bag.
|Catalog #||Description||Net Weight oz. (g)|
|TSDC||Drill Clamp for TS1 (optional)||8 (227)|
|TS1RB||TurboShear Replacement Blades|
|Galv Steel (20 Gauge)||Mild Steel (18 Gauge)|
|.040 (1.02)||.048 (1.22)|
What materials will the turbo shear cut?
The TS1 cuts 20-gauge (1.02 mm) galvanized steel (HVAC duct work, auto body panels), 24-gauge (.63 mm) non hardened carbon steel and stainless steel (metal roofing panels), 16-gauge (1.2 mm) aluminum (trim coil, flashing), and .050 inch (1.27 mm) copper (metal roofing, gutters).
How clean is the cut?
TS1, Turboshear metal cutting series will make clean cuts throughout the range of thicknesses of material listed above. The tool will need to be adjusted when going from very thin to thick material and vice versa.
How do you adjust the tool to get the optimum cut?
TS1 - The clearance between the cutting jaws is adjustable in order to achieve the optimum cut for thick or thin material. To adjust, locate the 3/16” set screw on the back of the tool, towards the front of the tool near the jaws. Turn it clockwise to tighten the gap of the jaws for thinner material or counterclockwise to make the gap of the jaws larger for thicker material.
- Inserts into chuck of A/C or cordless drill
- Offset design saves hands
- Navigates tight patterns and square cuts
- Cuts a variety of building materials
- 20 gauge capacity in galvanized steel
- Cut-away view
- TSDC Drill Clamp (optional)
- Duct Ripper
- Angle Drive Accessory
- TurboShear Heavy Duty™
- "Gold Standard" Malco Hole Cutters
- TurboShear HD - Metal Cutting, AIR
- TurboShear - Backerboard, AIR
- TurboShear - Backerboard™
- TurboShear - Fiber Cement Siding
- TurboShear - Fiber Cement Siding, Air™
- TurboShear - Asphalt Shingle Shear, Drill Accessory
- TurboShear - Asphalt Shingle Shear, Pneumatic™
- Crimper, Power Assisted C5A
- TurboShear - Slate-Cutting Drill Attachment
- 16 Ga. Metal-Cutting TS Drill Attachment
- Corrugated Metal TurboShear ™ Drill Attachment
Average customer rating of 4.90 out of 5 based on 10 total testimonials